The Costs of Alaska’s Economic Roller Coaster
We’ve been here before. Petroleum revenues have benefitted Alaska greatly, but these revenues are highly volatile and largely at the whim of global forces beyond state control. Alaska Common Ground recognizes that to achieve a strong and stable economy our state will need an ongoing income stream large enough to pay for essential state governmental services. This event will examine the costs of a start-and-stop economy and the benefits of a stable source of state income.
Senator Lisa Murkowski invited to open the discussion: Serving Alaskans by Working Across the Aisle
Panelists’ Perspectives: Moderated by John Tracy
· Business – Angela Libal, Owner, Title Wave Books
· Banker – Joe Schierhorn, Chairman, President & CEO, Northrim Bank
· Labor – Ryan Andrew, Business Representative, IBEW Local 1547
· Municipal – Larry Persily, Former Chief of Staff, Kenai Borough
· Rural – Greg Razo, VP Government Relations, CIRI
· Service – Mark Schneiter, Schneiter & Moad CPAs
Economist Response: Mouhcine Guettabi, UAA ISER
There will be time for your questions. Please join us at this public event. Suggested $10 donation. Pizza and beverages available for purchase.