Saturday, September 19
9 am to 4 pm
Wendy Williamson Auditorium
Please join us at a free, public forum presented by Alaska Common Ground and UAA’s Institute of Social and Economic Research on September 19th at the Wendy Williamson Auditorium on the UAA campus at 2533 Providence Dr.
This forum aims to explore:
- What are the realistic possibilities for fixing our deficit?
- What will happen to government services like education?
- What happens to taxes, the Permanent Fund, and the PFD?
- What about the economy and the real estate market?
The goal of the forum is to move the statewide “conversation” about Alaska’s fiscal and economic challenges forward. To date the conversation has focused on describing the nature and scale of Alaska’s fiscal challenge. The forum will advance the conversation by focusing on:
- Impacts of fiscal options: expected effects of fiscal options, including not only the savings or new revenues they might generate, but also their short and long-term effects on the economy.
- Fiscal packages: Combinations of fiscal options which could balance state spending and revenues over time, and their combined impacts on the economy, industries, and individuals. Specific proposals will be presented to address our fiscal challenges.
- Implementation strategies: How and when the different fiscal options could be implemented, and the institutional and political challenges in doing so.
- Advance citizen involvement in the conversation about Alaska’s fiscal and economic future.
This forum is the latest of more than a dozen events that Alaska Common Ground has held on the fiscal challenge in the past quarter century, and it promises to be even more helpful and more fun.
Boxed lunches will be available on a prepaid basis only. Please use the form below to choose and order your sandwich, or contact us if you prefer not to use Paypal. You are welcome to bring your own lunch or take a break and find lunch off campus or at the Varsity Grill. Other UAA eateries will not be open.
|Lunch available for $15, prepaid only|
Help support this event!
Janet and David McCabe